How to write a will
A step by step guide on how to write your will
Writing your Will isn't as easy as you may think. it is going to take a good couple of hours for you to write your own will properly, We have an easy step by step online will making tool that will do it all for you for only £9.99, all you have to do is type in your details and wishes. You don't need a solicitor, it only takes 10 minutes and only costs £9.99 and we will post it for free. All our wills are 100% Legally Binding and Valid in England and Wales, Write a Will Online for £9.99 in 10 minutes.
If you are still insisting on doing it yourself, you will need a paper and a pen, any paper and pen is fine, however we recommend you use a black pen.
Here is our step by step guide on how to write your will:
1. Start by Writing "Last Will and Testament of (Your Full Name)" at the top of the document.
2. State "I Revoke all my former Wills and Codicils".
3. Next enter "I currently reside at (Your Full Address including postcode)".
4. State your Marital Status and whether or not you have any children.
5. Appoint an Executor. (an Executor is a person you entrust with carrying out the instructions of your will) and state Executors full Address including postcode.
6. Appoint a Legal Guardian (Someone whom you want to leave your minor child(ren) with if you have any) and state your Legal Guardians full Address including postcode.
7. Enter your Specific Gifts which can be any asset including money for Example "I leave (Chosen Gift or Chosen Amount of Money) to (Persons Full Name) of (Persons full Address including postcode).
8. Appoint a Pet Caretaker (Someone whom you choose to takeover the care of your pet(s) if you have any) and state your Pet Caretakers full Address including postcode.
9. Distribute the residue of your Estate (In other words you need to give the remainder of your assets to a person or multiple people, if you choose to give it to more than 1 person, each person will receive an equal share. Make sure to Include the persons or peoples full Names and Address's including postcodes).
10. State that you declare the document to be your Last Will and Testament, that you are of legal age, that you are of sound mind, under no constraint or undue influence and that you are about to sign your new Will freely and voluntarily.
11. Sign your new Will and restate your full Name underneath your signature.
12. You must read your Will to 2 witnesses whom are not receiving anything under your Will and their spouses must also not be receiving anything from your Will.
13. Your Witnesses must sign, write their full Name, Full Address including postcode and Occupation.
14. Your Witnesses must also sign at the bottom of every page of your Will.
Luckily we can help and save you a lot of time and do the work for you. Heres how: